Brisbane's night of white
Clear your calendar for Diner en Blanc to be held in Brisbane on Saturday October 13 at a mystery location. Marking its 30-year anniversary in Paris last month, this elegant secret affair has become a worldwide phenomenon and Brisbane’s foodie and fashion tradition of the year.
This wonderful evening is a highlight of my year, its the opportunity to celebrate with friends and enjoy an evening of wine, dinner and friendship at a mystery Brisbane location. Last year in Brisbane, 3,000 foodies, fashionistas, and cultural enthusiasts were transported from mysterious meeting places to the secret location, revealed on the night as the historical Brisbane Showgrounds.
This year, the same rules apply: guests will gather at meeting points around the city before being taken by foot or bus to the secret venue. Adding to the mystery, no trace is left behind leaving the area completely as it was when they arrived.
Participation to this unique event happens in three stages:
● Phase 1, opening at 9am on Friday 7 September, is for members who attended the previous year;
● Phase 2, opening at 9am on Friday 14 September, is for new members who are referred by Phase 1 attendees;
● Phase 3, opening at 9am on Friday 21 September is for people who signed up to the waitlist.
For the chance to get your hands on a ticket, you can now sign up here to go on the waitlist.
About Le Diner en Blanc
Every summer in cities around the world, thousands of people dressed entirely in white descend on a landmark public space with everything they need for an elegant soirée in tow, including folding table and chairs, gourmet picnic food, fine china, silverware, and tablecloth. Over the course of the evening, the guests eat and celebrate amid live music and dancing. Many spend weeks in advance planning their menus and the white ensemble. The event offers the perfect occasion to express their unique fashion and design style; the often elaborate and creative outfits, fantastical hats, and decorative table settings are always a fabulous spectacle.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
● Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
● Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
● Table setting: all white!
● To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at an assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
Guests must bring
● A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
o However an option for guests is to hire table setting packages via the Diner en Blanc e-store for convenient collection on the night.
● A picnic basket comprising fine food, white dinnerware and drinking vessels (no glass).
o A gourmet catered picnic basket for collection on the night is also available and a popular option for many guests. Guests are to purchase hampers through the Dîner en Blanc e-store during the initial ticket registration.
● Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
o As per liquor laws/regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must purchase online through the Dîner en Blanc e-store. Guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, visit here.
I promote a lot of Brisbane events but believe me when I tell you this is one event that is truly exciting, loads of fun and absolutely worthwhile attending. Gather your friends and start preparing for Brisbane’s night of white.
Diner en Blanc
When - October 13, 2018
Where - it's a secret
Website - www.brisbane.dinerenblanc.com