Counting down to Le Diner en Blanc
In its fifth year, global phenomenon “secret” Le Dîner en Blanc is returning to Brisbane to take over one of the city’s public spaces on Saturday 22 October 2016.
Launched nearly 30 years ago in Paris, Le Dîner en Blanc promotes friendship, elegance, gallantry and a sense of community. Now held in over 70 cities in more than 25 countries around the world, this annual secret affair brings an unforgettable evening of beauty and magic for the all dressed in white foodies and cultural enthusiasts.
Last year saw 2,000 guests gather at Queens Park for this refined and mysterious pop-up picnic and more than 3,000 revellers are awaiting this year at a new secret location.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Registration to participate happens in three stages: Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year; Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees; Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list via the official website:
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Attendees can bring their own food or purchase a pre-made hamper, courtesy of Cuisine on Cue.
- Wine and champagne can be purchased in advance from Sirromet Wines. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, courtesy of Cuisine on Cue, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
Have you registered to be part of this elegant affair? For a chance to get your hands on a much sought-after tickets, register on the waiting list